Achievers rooted in values, soaring beyond limits.
To nurture and inspire pupils to be self-directed learners, gracious and resilient, serving beyond self.
· Integrity; Responsibility; Excellence; Acceptance; Perseverance
· I am morally upright and always speak the truth.
· I do not cheat, steal or commit any offences.
· I return things that do not belong to me.
· I have the moral courage to do what is right at all times, and own up when I make a mistake.
· I display sportsmanship.
R – Responsibility
· I behave and speak appropriately at all times.
· I am punctual for school, lessons and remedial/ supplementary class.
· I complete my daily homework on my own and hand in on time.
· I take care of things that belong to me, my friends and the school.
· I take responsibility for my personal safety and the safety of people around me.
· I take care of the environment and contribute actively in saving the environment.
· I am filial to my elders and care for my family.
E – Excellence
· I set myself high but realistic targets and work personally towards achieving them.
· I give my personal best in all that I do to achieve the best possible results.
· I challenge myself to go beyond limits.
· I am exemplary in my conduct and attitude.
· I participate actively in my studies and CCA.
· I do myself, my family, my friends and my school proud.
A – Acceptance
· I accept and appreciate the diversity in race, language, religion, culture, abilities and needs.
· I show consideration for others in thoughts, words and deeds.
· I treat everyone with respect.
· I work well with my friends around me.
· I accept myself for who I am.
P – Perseverance
· I am determined and do not give up when I am given a difficult task.
· I am able and willing to take up challenges and overcome difficulties.
· I work hard but encourage myself with positive thinking.
· I work hard by reading widely and doing a lot of practice.
· I work hard by answering questions and finding answers to help me understand.
With Pride We Excel
The 8 points of our compass symbolise that knowledge is everywhere and waiting to be acquired by us. The rings depict progress as we acquire knowledge.
- Deep learning, with practice, leads to mastery and innovation
- Teach kids to value what they can learn, before we teach them how to learn
- Informed curriculum decision-making with holistic data can better support students’ learning (than test scores alone)
- Failing forward is instrumental to future successes.
- Collaboration is the key to more impactful improvements and outcomes